3 replies to this topic

#1 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, Florida

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

So I've been working on the weapon base here and there to make it feel better than it does. At the moment, animations are too stuttery and I'm really not a fan of how the base feels. So I've started fixing up the base and adding things like a transition to idle when you run out of sprint, having the ironsight animations sped up to 60fps and run clientside so there is no lag when Ironsighting, and minor things that bugged me like swapping to the crowbar while running making the crowbar not play the sprint loop animation. Lastly, I am considering adding CoD Ghosts Walk Cycle animation (one of the few cool things that game had) to all my weapons but, I can't tell whether or not I like or dislike they way it looks. Let me know :)

• Old x 1
  • Useful x 1

#2 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

Well, if you care about honest opinions, I'd say that it's ok, but unless it almost doesn't take no time to download, it's a bit of a waste. Polishing is always nice, but the dowload time will just go higher and higher, I'm especially thinking about new people...

But I suck at those things, and it probably doesn't take that much to download...
But you know, polishing stuff is always nice, like I said.
  • Useful x 1

#3 Mango

Mango

Lord of the Fruits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

Definitely looks a lot smoother then what's on the server right now. Guess none of us can really say much until we get time to play with it ourselves. Looks good, if you believe it'll improve the server then it's definitely something worth putting time into.

• Agree x 1

#4 CowsLB

CowsLB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

As Daft said, polishing is always a plus, but I don't believe a new animation could affect the download time when joining the server.  Also, I love how on-point the actual animation is, like each time you take a step, the gun sways, it just looks fluent and something I personally would enjoy. But, I agree with Mango that we'd have to have time to mess with it ourselves and look at the other guns to really get our inputs on the subject. 

• Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users