#1 Shank_

Shank_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

I am curious how people got their names. Did you think of it just out of the blue in the shower? Is it some sort of chemical or place in the world? Is it a memory from a favorite game? I thought of mine in the shower c:

#2 Loco Sniper

Loco Sniper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLA, California.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Did you shank somebody?

#3 Shank_

Shank_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Did you shank somebody?

Y..Yes...

#4 Tdude179

Tdude179

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

The first game I played that I needed an account for was Runescape. I started playing early 2007, so I was about 10. My real name is Tanner so my 10 year old brain though, "Why not Tdude?" It's just stuck. I need a new name :P

#5 Mango

Mango

Lord of the Fruits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

The first game I played that I needed an account for was Runescape. I started playing early 2007, so I was about 10. My real name is Tanner so my 10 year old brain though, "Why not Tdude?" It's just stuck. I need a new name :P

You do not need a new name! I love your name merely for the fact that you thought of it when creating an account for Runescape! Runescape was my shit back in the day, I still play it just not as much as I used to. My first account name on Runescape was Cheswes.

As for my name, it's nothing really special but it happened when I first got Admin on CG when Soviet owned it. I just used my first name as my aliases before I got promoted but Soviet didn't want me to use my first name, so I had to change it. At first I had chosen Sobe because I was drinking one and really couldn't think of anything better. I got onto the server and everyone called me a faggot and said my name sucked. So I got off and started thinking for another name when I realized I was drinking a Mango Sobe. I thought the name Mango was short and sweet and I love anything Mango flavored too so the name was fitting for me. I got onto the server and nobody really said anything, except somebody called me a faggot again. Since then, I've grown fond of my aliases Mango. Oh yeah, someone also made a song about me too, which made me love my name even that much more.

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Well. At first I was yetiman124 (I had a liking for yeti's, don't ask why) that was for a Runescape account and later became a Club Penguin name. I was about 7 ok?

I then had the name Dizzycow. That was when I was about 10 (so 1 year ago, jk) and that was for a minecraft account. I got that because I was trying to get names and alot were taken (incuding Yetiman or Yetiman124) so I thought "well, I like cows and I am dizzy all the fucking time so why not Dizzycow".

Yeah I grew the fuck up and then when I created my second steam account 3 or so years ago I thought well I need a new name not one which you would find a 5 year old with. At the time I had a bee sting on the tip of my right index finger (mouse clicking finger :o) and had Transformers on in the background. I always liked the robot Bumblebee and I liked Bee's in real life even though they stung me. The reason I liked Bee's in real life was because I found it funny how when they fly their little fat bums held them down and it always looked like they flew like retards. So I thought "Why not Bumble?" I went for Bumble and alot of retards on steam thought it was "bubble" So I changed it to Bumblebee so they knew it was BUMBLE not BUBBLE. I am thankful to this day that people call me Bumble for short as that was what I intended but I have also grown fond for Bumblebee. However thanks to DJ Karma and Daft Punk Bubble has came back thanks to the song BubbleButt. Some people call me Bubble from time to time but some still call me Bumblebutt as Daft made up. I don't mind Bumblebutt though.

I thought I would add this too. MahikLuigi somehow came up with the name Bramblebug so I like that name too and people call me that on the very rare occasion.

Well, that's my story keep posting yours :P.

#7 Epic Jyfrl

Epic Jyfrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPwanet Erf

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I was like, 6. I played Runescape. I smashed keys on my keyboard. JYFRL, said my computer.

Ur a homo and so is ur moms

#8 Mango

Mango

Lord of the Fruits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

I was like, 6. I played Runescape. I smashed keys on my keyboard. JYFRL, said my computer.

What a beautiful coincidence. 

#9 Tdude179

Tdude179

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Wow, I'm surprised the number if us that got our names from runescape!

#10 crazymeistro

crazymeistro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMilky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Canada, Alberta, In a House :3

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

my first gaming device was ps3 (yeah i didnt play games until i was 8 in 2006) and my dad gave me this random name... crazymeistro and then i never used a different name im not really creative when it comes to names.

#11 Persious

Persious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFaroe Islands

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

I had another username (Cake Master) back in the days (When I was an stupid idiotic kid) and then I made a big ass community hate me and I cried every day then changed my name to this and everyone forgot about me.

#12 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

I had another username (Cake Master) back in the days (When I was an stupid idiotic kid) and then I made a big ass community hate me and I cried every day then changed my name to this and everyone forgot me.

So sad :'(

#13 ProfessorStein

ProfessorStein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Anime and my name mixed = Professor Jeff Stein c;

#14 Juice

Juice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Well i got my name from summer camp, that year i had a rough time because i was recently moving back to new York and i had no friends at the time because, well i wasn't the most popular kid, but one of my best friends made it up and really it just stuck. (yes she was a girl) :D

#15 Amp

Amp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Well my name is more or less my brothers. You see, my brother loved to change his name to different things on Steam and basically anything he's on. Eventually, he stopped playing steam and let me play on his account. At this time, his account name was Amp. He would always get mad at me if I changed the name so I kept it. Eventually, I bought Gmod. I grew apart of a big RP community and eventually everyone kept calling me Amp so I grew into the name. I liked Amp. So a few months later I took over the account (simply negotiated with my brother) and now I keep the name Amp. Everyone knows I'm Amp and I have grown to like the name a lot. Short, simple, awesome.

#16 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

My old name was TerminatorTony, my dad helped me with that name and I probably will eventually change my name to that. But I got this name because me and my friend were in a Fart clan.. lol. He was BaCoNFaRtS123 and I was BoloGnaFartS. He later changed his name and I figured out steam, I brought my name to steam, and the TTT servers I played on said they would prefer me to change my name to just BoloGna. So I did, and as I did that, apparently NO ONE could pronounce Bologna right, so I changed it to Bolo, just for the special people. :P

#17 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

My old name was TerminatorTony, my dad helped me with that name and I probably will eventually change my name to that. But I got this name because me and my friend were in a Fart clan.. lol. He was BaCoNFaRtS123 and I was BoloGnaFartS. He later changed his name and I figured out steam, I brought my name to steam, and the TTT servers I played on said they would prefer me to change my name to just BoloGna. So I did, and as I did that, apparently NO ONE could pronounce Bologna right, so I changed it to Bolo, just for the special people. :P

That name.. BoloGnaFarts... May I ask how old were you when you used that name? haha

#18 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Like, 10? I also used the name <TP> on old CG when I got banned by Harry.

#19 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Like, 10? I also used the name <TP> on old CG when I got banned by Harry.

Ok I understand a 10 year old using that name haha :P

#20 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Yeahhhhh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users