#1 Leorox15

Leorox15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

Me and another guy were playing CG TTT and we both figured out we couldn't see some guns such as the M9, AK-47, and the G3. We couldn't see the guns on the floor either, and the guns on the floor had shadows that belonged to the CS:S AK-47. 

This has been puzzling me, i also cannot see the textures for the MP5, i have the model but not the textures.

Please Update or re-upload or at least help me with this confusing glitch.

#2 Epic Jyfrl

Epic Jyfrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPwanet Erf

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well, the shadows are always there, because there arn't CoD shadows ported here (I am not sure if they will every be)

For invisible guns, type : "record fix" into console and then type "stop"

Ur a homo and so is ur moms

#3 Leorox15

Leorox15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

For invisible guns, type : "record fix" into console and then type "stop"

Umm no, I mean the guns are invisible on the ground, and only some guns are invisible, the m16, the m1014, the m-82 are all working fine.

#4 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Is this really that big of a deal? I mean just pick up the fucking weapon, you can see the shadow obviously. It's not that hard, It's really irritating when new people come on the server and complain for these stupid reasons. Can you take a minute and admire the hard work Spider went through to make this server what it is? Because I GUARANTEE that nobody in this community has the ability to make a server from vanilla, to what it is now.

Yes, I know you asked for help, but you don't need it. 

If it's REALLY, REALLY bothering you, ask Spider.

#5 Leorox15

Leorox15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Is this really that big of a deal? I mean just pick up the fucking weapon, you can see the shadow obviously.

I can see the shadow, of an Ak, and its a fucken M-82 when I pick it up, then when it actually IS an AK, I cant kill someone cuz their's no crosshair and no sights. It's really bothering me.

#6 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Then ask spider, here's his profile http://steamcommunit...ltracombomanman

#7 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, Florida

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

All guns have AK47 shadows because the actual world model is a CSS AK-47 that is not being drawn because the CoD viewmodel is being slapped ontop of it. It's a cheap way of doing worldmodels but it saves us some download time. The downside is sometimes guns won't appear on the ground and sometimes guns will be floating in the air but for the most part it works and it saves us adding a world model for every gun and causing players to download all those additional models and textures.

#8 Leorox15

Leorox15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

All guns have AK47 shadows because the actual world model is a CSS AK-47 that is not being drawn because the CoD viewmodel is being slapped ontop of it. It's a cheap way of doing worldmodels but it saves us some download time. The downside is sometimes guns won't appear on the ground and sometimes guns will be floating in the air but for the most part it works and it saves us adding a world model for every gun and causing players to download all those additional models and textures.

So its stuck like this? I cant fix it?

#9 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't know if you could fix the invisible guns. But you can't fix the shadow. Infact fix can't be used for the shadow as there is nothing wrong with it, as the AK-47 Shadow is what Spidey intended it to be. But I'm not sure about the invisible guns. Try deleting the gun textures and rejoin and it should redownload as you join.

#10 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

The actual deagle is visible for me on the ground. But can you like assosiate a weapon like example m-82 as the normal css sniper model on the ground? It shouldnt take too much space on the fast dl because we  were doing this before

#11 Leorox15

Leorox15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Try deleting the gun textures and rejoin and it should redownload as you join.

I did that it still dont work thx tho.

#12 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, Florida

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Not the issue, like I stated above it will happen from time to time because of the way we do world models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users