• 41 posts
  • Locationsweg

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Name (IGN): dodpool

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:40954150 

Position: Moderator

Reasons:

Generic:

I have a lot of experience when moderating and administrating, I believe like many that I can carry my and others weight to a better server. I can bring a well rounded moderator to the server, I try to be fun and interesting but when it comes to it I can bring down the ban hammer if need be. Some servers I have moderated include all of the ZARP servers, and some other sandbox servers that I can't remember.

Different:

I try to be as fun as possible to attract more people to the server and keep the order. I can be very mature when need be, and I am very creative so I can think of fun little things to do. I have some coding experience in C++, LUA, C#, and Java. I could try and help make add-ons for the server but I would need to learn a bit more LUA.

Supporters: WoweeBananas, Daft, Mr. Spodermen, Phobos001, Quinn50, Jyfrl <333333

Negative Supports: Mango

P.S: 

Pusher is my secret lover.

P.P.S:

I am his secret lover.

#2 WoweeBananas

WoweeBananas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yes, pretty much yes.  Lots of mod apps still unresolved, but lots of them would fit the position.  You can be a bit crazy at times, but hey, he's a good kid and is pretty active.  The fact that you have previous experience is definitely a plus and coding experience is always handy to have around.  I know it's not much of a reason for me to support, but hey, +support from me :)

Two things to note:

First of all, I restate the coding experience as a plus because I think it shows that you have taken initiative, despite the lack of necessity to learn how to code.  Initiative is, in my opinion, something that many people lack nowadays

Secondly, and this doesn't go for just you, but for several people who have applied: the worst thing you can do as a player, a mod, or anything else is annoy other individuals.  You can say you're mature, you can say you're patient/calm, you can say you follow the rules, but if your behavior is obnoxious to others or violates what you've said you are, then that is a flaw.  So-as to not pick on any specific person, Dodpool, you do yell in your mic sometimes or sing or whatever you want to call it.  I find it funny, other people might find it annoying, but whatever.  Stein doesn't address a lot of positive things in his app.  He also often says things in chat that could be taken as offensive and loses his cool sometimes.  Bolo, similar to you, sometimes does stupid things like shoot people in the foot and suicide, which technically is in violation of the rules and can be annoying to some people.  Again, these can be considered flaws.  People who either aren't in the mood or don't understand will not like a moderator or staff that behaves as such.

TL;DR version:  Coding experience shows initiative.  Obey the rules and stuff and attempt to act in good humor; if someone is bothered, then it might be best to stop whatever you are doing.  Try to act in the best interest of all individuals. 

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Neutral does crowbar every single person in one round very often. If this stops then I would support

#4 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hmm, well, this took me awhile to interpret. 1, I'm pretty sure even if you have some experience with coding, Spider wouldn't let you anyways, and 2, what does that have to do with being Moderator, nothing? 3, you never said you have any TTT admin experience. So as of right now, for me, it's a no, but sure, there are a lot of things you can improve on. Maybe I will change my mind.

AND STOP SCREAMING IN THE MICROPHONE

#5 Epic Jyfrl

Epic Jyfrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPwanet Erf

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Neutral, sometimes a little annoying and seems irresponsible. Other than that, I like you.

Ur a homo and so is ur moms

#6 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

100% agree with jyfrl, but I'd like to see you mod however... Add as supporter

#7 WoweeBananas

WoweeBananas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hmm, well, this took me awhile to interpret. 1, I'm pretty sure even if you have some experience with coding, Spider wouldn't let you anyways, and 2, what does that have to do with being Moderator, nothing? 3, you never said you have any TTT admin experience. So as of right now, for me, it's a no, but sure, there are a lot of things you can improve on. Maybe I will change my mind.

To me, this feels like you're just looking for small things to pick out for no reason.  Coding experience may not relate to being a mod, but it shows that he possesses that skill and has taken the initiative to learn it, which many people haven't done.  Additionally, not addressing TTT admin experience has nothing to do with anything.

Fun fact: People can learn.  From what I know, ULX is ULX, no matter the game mode, meaning he has a foundation of knowledge.  The main difference is a different set of rules.

I apologize if I sound harsh.  I would simply prefer people using constructive criticism rather than whatever this is.  Like I said, what you've pointed out feels pointless.  Hell, I would like it if people with active mod applications couldn't reply to other active mod applications, as it is very easy to develop a personal bias (that is, you support yourself but could care less about others).

I still love you Toeknee

#8 Epic Jyfrl

Epic Jyfrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPwanet Erf

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, no experience doesn't matter to me. Especially since this was my first experience of staff on any steam game server, and I eventually got admin. And I agree with wowee. If dodpool spent the time to learn to code, then he will most likely be willing to learn to be a good staff member, and a good player on CG.
Ur a homo and so is ur moms

#9 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Well, fuck you too then. How are you going to tell me if my decision is true or not? You simply can't, it's my opinion, and it's one I'm sticking to.

and P.S, you didn't have to be such a fucking asshole.

#10 morky maus

morky maus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Well, fuck you too then. How are you going to tell me if my decision is true or not? You simply can't, it's my opinion, and it's one I'm sticking to.

and P.S, you didn't have to be such a fucking asshole

Note: I just joined, don't know much what's going on.

But, uhm, he wasn't being an ass, he was just defending Dodpool, how you were EXTREME NITPICKING,

And people don't much care about Loco screaming in the mic. Why do you care if he does?

I'm going to wait a couple days to support, unless I can now.

#11 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

He was being an ass, he even said it himself, and no, I clearly wasn't nitpicking, I was clearly not showing a concern towards the issues, I was stating them. the ones that he could fix, and no, people don't mind Loco **talking** in the mic because he doesn't do it for 30 seconds every 2 minutes. So Spoderman, think before you speak...

#12 morky maus

morky maus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

He was being an ass, he even said it himself, and no, I clearly wasn't nitpicking, I was clearly not showing a concern towards the issues, I was stating them. the ones that he could fix, and no, people don't mind Loco **talking** in the mic because he doesn't do it for 30 seconds every 2 minutes. So Spoderman, think before you speak...

Faggot fuck you.

Loco screams every now and then, same with dodpool. I don't see how this applies to him being a moderator.

AND WHERE THE ACTUAL HELL  DID HE SAY HE WAS BEING AN ASS.

AND YOU WERE NITPICKING! THAT EXTRA NOTE WAS JUST A JOKE! DO YOU NOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR?

#13 dodpool

dodpool

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Locationsweg

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Bolo sorry to seem like I am intruding but I would just like to point out that you said things unrelated to me being moderator as your reasons, such as no previous TTT admin experience even though DarkRP and TTT both use ULX so I know those things. Also I would like to show you that you used having coding experience as a reason to not be a mod because spider probably won't let me code. It was just me writing the things I know that could help, so please as you said "Think before you speak".

#14 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Very mature, Spoder, very mature. And he said "I apologize if I sound harsh." <- Might not say it directly, but that's is what it means. And yes you are right Loco, **talks** every now and then, dodpool screams every 2 minutes, and if you don't agree then tell that to Jyfrl, Wowee and Daft. And no spoder, you can't tell sarcasm on the fucking internet..

#15 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Dodpool, I have to say you were more mature then your friend, but I know what I am saying before I speak, Daft, on my old app, said for me not to add useless bullshit to make my app longer, but that's what you did. Misunderstandings happen I suppose.

#16 morky maus

morky maus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Very mature, Spoder, very mature. And he said "I apologize if I sound harsh." <- Might not say it directly, but that's is what it means. And yes you are right Loco, **talks** every now and then, dodpool screams every 2 minutes, and if you don't agree then tell that to Jyfrl, Wowee and Daft. And no spoder, you can't tell sarcasm on the fucking internet..

I can be mature, I could be more mature than YOU if I want.

HE DOESN'T SCREAM EVERY TWO MINUTES!

He does it when it's apropriate and funny, and I wasn't implying sarcasm.

Loco does scream, just as much as dodpool.

Wowee would probably agree with me, jussayin'

Not just because he's yoloswag, but because he actually geniunely agrees with me.

Dod, doesn't scream every two minutes. Please, if you could provide witnesses, and a timer. I would probably believe you.

#17 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

He does, actually, and yes anybody can be more mature than a certain figure, but let's be honest, there is no one on this server, in this community that is mature, except for Spider Pusherman, Mango, Jyfrl and Wowee, the people who are supposed to be, And no, it's never funny to scream inside of the mic but people do, I do, you do and dodpool does. And finally you agree, Loco doesn't scream as much as Dodpool.

#18 dodpool

dodpool

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Locationsweg

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Dodpool, I have to say you were more mature then your friend, but I know what I am saying before I speak, Daft, on my old app, said for me not to add useless bullshit to make my app longer, but that's what you did. Misunderstandings happen I suppose.

I understand I am not supposed to add "useless shit" to make my post longer but in my opinion saying I know how to code and could help is not useless bullshit. And if you are speaking of the size 8 font posts at the bottom of my application those barely elongate my posts because they are size 8 font, and were meant as a joke.

A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in the mood to tell jokes"

Just in case you didn't know.

#19 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

And saying fuck you faggot. Was not mature.

#20 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

And never did I say that Coding was useless bullshit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, app, application, sweg, yolosweg, 2menysweg, lololol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users