#1 quinn50

quinn50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationRichmond Virginia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wx3cYpGGmkk 0:32 FROSTBITE 3 AND BATTLEFIELD 4 PUT CALL OF DUTY : GHOSTS TO SHAME.. -ign

#2 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach, Florida

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Looks great on a power house PC, I'm curious to see how it will look on current gen console and more importantly the supposed "definitive" version of the game on Xbox One. I'm sure graphic junkies will eat this game up. Aswell as the ever growing number of Battlefield fanboys, with Battlefield becoming the new "cool" game for 14 year old kids to talk about while buying their PS4 and still buying a copy of CoD: Ghosts, I'm interested to see how it does in sales numbers. I still believe Battlefield is best played on a PC.

#3 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Looks great on a power house PC, I'm curious to see how it will look on current gen console and more importantly the supposed "definitive" version of the game on Xbox One. I'm sure graphic junkies will eat this game up. Aswell as the ever growing number of Battlefield fanboys, with Battlefield becoming the new "cool" game for 14 year old kids to talk about while buying their PS4 and still buying a copy of CoD: Ghosts, I'm interested to see how it does in sales numbers. I still believe Battlefield is best played on a PC.

Well, it'll be the verity  moment actually, when I see the secondary 1 people (13/14 years old), well I am kind of convince they'll all stay on COD.

#4 SeeJay

SeeJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

I've played the beta for BF4 and all I can say is that it is a huge improvement from BF3 with almost everything. Only thing I can complain about was the sniping because it felt more difficult (But I really can't complain about that). Call of Duty now seems to be in a desperate state because they've finally realized that their old engine with repetitive gameplay mechanics just won't cut it anymore. I think Ghosts will be the final CoD game that will sell decently.

#5 Epic Jyfrl

Epic Jyfrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPwanet Erf

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

I've played the beta for BF4 and all I can say is that it is a huge improvement from BF3 with almost everything. Only thing I can complain about was the sniping because it felt more difficult (But I really can't complain about that). Call of Duty now seems to be in a desperate state because they've finally realized that their old engine with repetitive gameplay mechanics just won't cut it anymore. I think Ghosts will be the final CoD game that will sell decently.

bich u rong

Ur a homo and so is ur moms

#6 SeeJay

SeeJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

bich u rong

Cum @ m3.

#7 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

There engine isn't old and anybody who develops games would know that, they stripped the IW engine down to the bare minimum and re wrote everything. I wish people took the time to do some research before copy and pasting what every 14 year old kid who comments on Call of Duty videos says. There is only so much you can do to a game series about running around killing people that has been released every year for the past 10 years. I almost wonder what the fuck are people expecting? I mean is CoD gonna turn into a real time strategy? Oh wait they did that with strike force missions. Are they gonna add fucking magic!?! Oh wait, they did that in zombies. So how exactly do innovate on gameplay mechanics about fucking shooting people. That's like if I said oh there is scripted collapsible building destruction in Battlefield 4? Same old fucking shit... All they did was copy and paste it from the single player into the multiplayer. Or if I said WHAT THE FUCK you can still hit baseballs in MLB 2k14 same old fucking shit. That's a stupid way of looking at things. Besides Infinity Ward has done a lot more to improve their engine then dice. Dice just added improved tessellation and removed the blue effect from their game, while IW rewrote a huge chunk of their engine. Do some research kiddies before being an internet cool guy and knocking Call of Duty simply because it's Call of Duty.

#8 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

The "bashing cod" movement isn't new, and appeared in a lot of other things now. By example: Dubstep. Dubstep was created like 10-20 years ago. I am maybe wrong but I think skrillex  began his career a long time ago, and changed name a couple of times. COD got bashed more because of his community more then anything else, because it's the "popular" game, like you guys say, and because Eminem did a soundtrack for COD (because now he's doing shitty music without creativity). Eminem is kool. People hates dubstep because of the young kids being kool with dubstep fucking  bangarang'n'stuff.

Yet Battlefield is growing, but maybe they tried to desesperate the young kids to play BF4 by adding difficulty to the gameplay? Who knows, but I dont think so, they wanna make money, the goal of every games...

#9 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

The "bashing cod" movement isn't new, and appeared in a lot of other things now. By example: Dubstep. Dubstep was created like 10-20 years ago. I am maybe wrong but I think skrillex  began his career a long time ago, and changed name a couple of times. COD got bashed more because of his community more then anything else, because it's the "popular" game, like you guys say, and because Eminem did a soundtrack for COD (because now he's doing shitty music without creativity). Eminem is kool. People hates dubstep because of the young kids being kool with dubstep fucking  bangarang'n'stuff.

Yet Battlefield is growing, but maybe they tried to desesperate the young kids to play BF4 by adding difficulty to the gameplay? Who knows, but I dont think so, they wanna make money, the goal of every games...

That's stupid bashing a "game" for it's community, which is something that is totally uncontrollable. The CoD community isn't different from any other popular gaming community nowadays. Even Garry's Mod with the help of Pewdiepie and "succesful" youtubers like him have popularized the game and in turn brought a lot of lame people into the community, that doesn't mean the game deserves bashing, There are still a huge chunk of players who play CoD competitively and are awesome people that I have met on Xbox. You just don't see them because the game is popular as fuck so there are hundreds of thousands of people playing it which means even if a small number are trolls you are still going to see them because of the sheer number of people playing the game, and what kind of comparsion is the dubstep one it makes no sense. I don't hate dubstep because of the people who listen to it, I hate it because it sounds like fucking shit. I also have no idea what you're last sentence means about Battlefield difficulty but if you are saying they bumped it up, I'm laughing, because Battlefield has no fucking learning curve to it. It's just like Call of Duty in that regard. Where they mask player skill by giving the weapons very very low spread. I can still run around like an idiot in Battlefield and dominate the leader boards no different then any CoD expect I have to watch out for scripted buildings falling and vehicles shooting shit at me.

#10 Daft

Daft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

That's stupid bashing a "game" for it's community, which is something that is totally uncontrollable. The CoD community isn't different from any other popular gaming community nowadays. Even Garry's Mod with the help of Pewdiepie and "succesful" youtubers like him have popularized the game and in turn brought a lot of lame people into the community, that doesn't mean the game deserves bashing, There are still a huge chunk of players who play CoD competitively and are awesome people that I have met on Xbox. You just don't see them because the game is popular as fuck so there are hundreds of thousands of people playing it which means even if a small number are trolls you are still going to see them because of the sheer number of people playing the game, and what kind of comparsion is the dubstep one it makes no sense. I don't hate dubstep because of the people who listen to it, I hate it because it sounds like fucking shit. I also have no idea what you're last sentence means about Battlefield difficulty but if you are saying they bumped it up, I'm laughing, because Battlefield has no fucking learning curve to it. It's just like Call of Duty in that regard. Where they mask player skill by giving the weapons very very low spread. I can still run around like an idiot in Battlefield and dominate the leader boards no different then any CoD expect I have to watch out for scripted buildings falling and vehicles shooting shit at me.

I am not bashing cod, but I know people do, simply. I am saying that battlefield maybe wanted to desesperate retarded 9 years old kids by adding some difficulties to the gameplay, but I highly doubt it in an other way because they just wanna make money, they probably dont care...

#11 NotSpider

NotSpider

Administrator

• Owner
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

I am not bashing cod, but I know people do, simply. I am saying that battlefield maybe wanted to desesperate retarded 9 years old kids by adding some difficulties to the gameplay, but I highly doubt it in an other way because they just wanna make money, they probably dont care...

Except there gameplay isn't difficult it's not fucking Counter Strike over in Battlefield land haha, it's the same difficulty as Call of Duty. The weapons have no spread, to eliminate weapon skill and the player skill gap the same way CoD does.

#12 Shank_

Shank_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Since everyone is throwing opinions out there, here is mine. I play Battlefield for the vehicular gameplay. Using C4 on jeeps then driving into tanks is so satisfying to me (I am that asshole). I seldom play COD but when I do I play multiplayer at a friends house. I used to play regularly when I had an Xbox but when I built a PC that changed things. I can also see why people argue about how things in Battlefield are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY different then COD. I see all of these comments on YT about how people bash COD about things like "In Battlefield, a building collapses. Meanwhile in COD, someone breaks a window". This pisses me off not because they are bashing COD, but because how they say that Battlefield has destructability but it doesn't have that much destruction. I was disappointed in the beta of BF4 because of how people (including me) got hyped over the building in the middle of the map. So in the beta, I go there while having terrible frame issues because of it being unoptimised and I get in an elevator. It teleports me to the top to my unfortunate death by a sniper sitting there with C4. So I go and try again but this time, I get randomly killed because the building is collapsing. I wasn't even in it and I die. That was disappointing.

#13 Bolo

Bolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

I have every single CoD and have never really cared about what they change..... Don't have the Battlefield franchise though, as long as the game doesn't make me bored, I don't really care what it has to offer.

#14 Mango

Mango

Lord of the Fruits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Moral of the story; BOTH GAMES ARE GOOD, PLAY WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT, GET ON YO KNEES, AND SUCK MY DUCK DICK.

#15 Loco Sniper

Loco Sniper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLA, California.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Mango, break it up.

#16 Mango

Mango

Lord of the Fruits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Mango, break it up.

Hey man I don't want any trouble, I was just trying to help. And get my duck dick sucked too if ya know what I mean, wink wink smiley face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users